|Responsible Photography is a tiny, independent collaborative and participatory photography, cultural and educational organisation founded in 2002 by Gail Ward. |
- To operate in the field of photography, culture and education
- To share Responsible
Photography guidelines for taking and using photographs that respect local
etiquette, cultural and religious sensitivities, social media use, and, most importantly, the
wishes of the people we work with and meet.
Photography raises awareness of the implications of photographing
children and discourages the photography of children unless with prior agreement and permission of parents.
- Responsible Photography raises awareness of photography copyright,
'rights grabbing' issues, and competitions that do not respect
photographer's rights or exploit the use of photographs entered into a competition.
Photography do not post photographs of their participants, partners,
associates or friends on Facebook or other social media without their permission.
- Responsible Photography encourage respect, understanding and positive experiences between people of different ages, backgrounds and cultures.
- Try to always make
sure that local people, businesses, grass roots organisations, communities and projects are
involved with Responsible Photography, and benefit either economically, from shared experiences or through skills and knowledge sharing.
- Share knowledge and experience to help develop and promote income generating, community, conservation and educational projects.
- Do our bit to help preserve our environment and natural resources (photography is great for this!)
- Respect and raise awareness of International Human Rights
- Respect and raise awareness of The Convention on the Rights of the Child (watch a video)
©Gail Ward/Responsible Photography 2005
Responsible Photography cultural holidays, photography workshops and photo-study activities contribute
to income-generating initiatives of communities and conservation, educational and photo
projects. Participation is usually restricted to between two/three to
five/six like minded participants.
- Responsible Photography collaborate with UK and 'in country' partners, independent people, families, helpers and small or 'grass roots' businesses, communities and projects.
Photography participants enjoy sharing experiences and hospitality from people who have chosen
to share their skills and way of life, not only as their livelihood, but
because they want you to really experience their homelands, lives and
- Responsible Photography uses accommodations, workshop spaces and venues that are locally or privately owned and/or managed.
Photography partners, photographers, helpers and friends are all encouraged
to participate with everything we do - you'll see that some of our
partners, helpers and friends have become, or are becoming, talented
photographers, are developing their tourism and business skills, or are building sustainable, income generating projects.
Photography guidelines for taking and using photographs respect local
etiquette, cultural and religious sensitivities, social media use, and, of course, the
wishes of our hosts and the people we work with and meet.
- Responsible Photography raises awareness of the implications of photographing children and discourages the photography of children on location unless in agreement with hosts and parents.
Responsible Photography - statement about Social Media. We
are careful and responsible with 'people' photography. We try to make
sure that anyone who is happy to be photographed, especially from the
communities we stay in, receive copies of any photographs taken by
Responsible Photography participants. We do not encourage sharing photographs of
people, on Facebook, Flickr, Snapchat, WhatsApp or other Social Media websites, unless you have express permission to do so. Please check Terms and Conditions of websites, forums or competitions to make sure your copyright is recognised and your photographs are protected. Please check very carefully the photography
policy of competitions and websites before posting photographs as many
operate 'rights grabbing' terms and conditions which allow the competition or website to use and distribute your photographs.
Read Responsible Photography statements on social media and people photography in full
COPYRIGHT NOTICE All
material on this website is copyright, including all images and text
displayed on the Responsible Photography websites. All Rights Reserved.
All Moral Rights Reserved. No images,
text or information on this web site may be copied, reproduced,
transmitted or stored in any form or by any means without the prior
written consent of Gail Ward. This includes print or
electronic copying to any media or any websites or digital storage or
use in any country. Some images, text and information is the copyright
of third parties.Touts les images sur ce site m'appartiennent ,tous
droits reserve qui peuvents etres achetes. Aucune image ni
renseignement sur ce site internet ne peut etre reproduit, transmi ni
garde dans n'importe quelle sans accord ecrit de Gail Ward. Website
©Gail Ward 2002-17.
All photographs are reduced to low resolution for display on all Responsible Photography websites.